Home Chef employs their own delivery drivers who are required to have a national police clearance. Frozen meals are delivered in polystyrene boxes packed with ice packs, which has proven the most efficient, constant temperature of delivery.
During transportation of meals, Home Chef ensures that:
- Drivers maintain a satisfactory standard of personal hygiene practises and follow the health and hygiene requirements prescribed under the Food Safety Standards and outlined in the Food Safety Program.
- Drivers wear a home chef uniform and have name badges.
- Food transport eskies are kept in clean and sanitary condition before use.
- Food transport vehicles are kept in a clean condition and maintained at a high standard.
- All meals are kept under strict temperature controls during delivery to prevent the growth of food poisoning bacteria.